24 hour shipping available Last Minute Order?
Silicone Edge Graphics (SEG)
Silicone Edge Graphics (SEG): fabric graphics are finished with a silicone welting sewn to the back perimeter edge of the fabric. Unlike round beaded finishing options SEG is a flat silicone welting. This edge is then inserted into a groove on the perimeter of the frame to create a taut, flat display with a neatly finished corner.
SEG can be used on several types of extrusion systems like; AGAM, Octonorm, Nouveau, Infinity and Classic Moduel. SEG finishing is available for other extrusion systems not mentioned here.
What is SEG?
SEG finishing involves sewing silicone strips around the perimeter of the graphic. The graphic edge inserts into the groove on the perimeter of the frame to create a taut, flat display with a neatly finished corner.
What are Silicone Edge Graphics (SEG)?
SEG is a high-resolution dye-sublimated fabric graphic finished with a thin silicone strip (or welt/gasket). The silicone strip is sewn directly to the edge of the graphic, and the strip is then inserted into a frame with a recessed groove. The size of the graphic must be precise so the fabric is taut when installed in the frame. The result is a large format graphic that mimics the old-fashioned hard panel graphics commonly found on custom displays and interior spaces.
What is different or special about SEG?
- Lightweight Fabric. Fabric is lighter and more durable than tradition direct print graphics.
- Versatile. SEG can be used on many SEG aluminum extrusion profiles (including ClassicMODUL TSP profiles).
- Dye-Sublimation. Dye-sublimation graphics are durable, vibrant, and lightweight.
- Less Frame. SEG graphics are the perfect choice when more graphic and less frame is desired.
- No Sew Line. Unlike bead or pole pocket fabric graphics, the sew line is hidden within the extrusion providing a more finished look to your exhibit or retail wall display.
- What are the benefits of SEG?
- Storage and Shipping. Fabric is lighter than many other graphics. When folded neatly, fabric graphics take up much less space than traditional direct print graphics.
- Care. Fabric graphics can be washed and steamed and are more durable and long lasting than traditional graphics.
- Lightweight. Larger graphics weigh less, perfect for draping or creating space definition.
- Cost. More image bang for the buck!
- Green. There are the obvious transportation and storage benefits. Even more exciting is the growing list of fabric options created from recycled materials.
- No Glare. Fabric is the perfect choice for media walls or any backdrop that is being photographed or filmed.
- Versatility. SEG fabric can be applied to most displays or event structures.
- Less Visible Frame. The silicone edge means you see more graphic and less frame.
Why Our Customers Love SEG Finished Fabric Graphics
- Tight as a drum, vivid, flat fabric graphics replace hard panel graphics in custom displays.
- Highest quality look is achieved.
- Combine with scrim fabric panels for the creative environments.
- Neatly finished corners.
- Works with the leading extrusion systems.
- More visible graphic, less frame.
- Pull tabs applied for easy material removal from frame.
- Quick install and even faster break down.
- Designers that really know wire management understand the advantages of SEG. Properly hidden wires show a designs true attention to detail.
- Storage issues, drayage and shipping costs all improve with fabric graphics.
- Superior fabric used for best results with installation and image quality.
- Optima is the suggested fabric graphic vendor for the leading extrusion vendors.